<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Celebrity Car Blog: Gas Took a Big Bite Out of The Family Budget
Get cars information cars shows and autos news cars reviews and expert advice from Celebrity Cars Blog

« Home | 200HP Civic Si Concept Points at Future Direction ... » | Honda Civic Performance » | Jeep Sales Plummet In 2006, Is Image Declining? » | Toyota's August 2006 Sales Report, Released » | The Best Racing Engines » | Is Your Car Security Up To Scratch » | R10 Diesel For Audi A8? » | Headlights And How They Greatly Impact Your Night ... » | US Auto Sales to Continue to Plummet in 2006-2007 » | Land Rover Introduces Its CO2 Offset Program »


Gas Took a Big Bite Out of The Family Budget

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The ripple effect, created by increased gas prices was initially hardly felt. That ripple soon turned into a tidal wave. Which itself folded over into a tsunami. Before we knew it, we were quickly flooded with runaway high gas prices.



The out of control gas prices took a big bite out of our family budget.



Even though the hue and cry this summer was about the high gas prices, guess what?



We used more gas this summer than we ever have. Yes folks, we’ve shattered gas records we didn’t even know previously existed.



Okay…okay…stop!



So why are you telling me this? What is this article about? Are you perhaps gas bashing?



No!



I’d really like to have some fun. Let’s lighten up a bit with this article.



Agreed?



Good… here we go.



So, we’ve seen them all. You know…the signs, the articles, the memos, whatever, advising us about the things we need to do in order to save gas while driving. I saw this one the other day.



“Avoid unnecessary idling.”



Imagine this. You’ve had a particularly brutal day at work. The children are in the car, rambunctious as usual. The light has just turned red at what you know to be the longest light in town. So you sit, and wait.
Airco is pumping. Into your mind comes the caption you saw, “avoid unnecessary idling.”



What do you do? Turn the SUV off?



Certainly not now. The .25 cent saving just isn’t worth it. Maybe next time.



Okay, here’s another one.



“Find a driving buddy.”



This might work with the next door neighbor, who works at your job and works the same hours as you.



Other than that, who wants to pick up that lady who drowns herself in that awfully, cheap perfume? Or the accountant, who is a brilliant conversationalist with his 5 novels a week routine?



Sorry buddy, I’ll drive my SUV to work and listen to Sting all by myself.



“Use cruise control.”



You didn’t have to tell me this one. I do it anyway. Especially when my foot gets tired. Thanks for nothing here.



I mean, some of the advice floating around out there insults your intelligence. I have children, and family whom I love dearly. Of course I’m going to get my SUV inspected and have it maintained.



All the tire rotation and oil changes etc., yeah…yeah…yeah, I trust my mechanic to do these things while I shop. Everywhere you look they’re calling you in for an inspection. Give me a break. It’s written in my calendar.



Enough already.



“Stay within posted speed limits.”



This one is probably the best. Can somebody tell me where the savings on anything comes in? True, we’ll most likely save by not getting a speeding ticket, but that’s not what the conversation is about.



Traveling on a section of roadway the speed limit was 45mph. Further down it turned into 55mph. and further still it was back to 45mph.



Has that ever happen to you? Can you figure out were you saved gas? When you do, please let me know.



Yes…I’ve had a little fun here. We have to learn to smile. Even when the gas prices are rising, smile anyway. Not a whole lot you can do about it. But there is something that you can do in your corner.




Wycliffe Williams travels a great deal for his job. He took positive action so that he could make a difference in his corner of the world. Isn’t it time for you to take some positive action too? Click the link time4u2savegas. Its on my website http://www.wyclefinnovations.com above the dotcomology banner. You can make a difference.

Add to blogmarks delicious digg furl google netvouz newsvine reddit spurl Technorati


Nederlands/Dutch Français/French Русский/Russian Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish Ελληνικά/Greek 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified 中文(简体)/Chinese Traditional
6:51 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

janangel :: permalink